For the life of me I can’t remember where I first saw this method of roasting potatoes…was it Pinterest, or another blog I subscribe to, or a website I stumbled upon? Not sure.
What I am sure of is the fact that my family and I couldn’t get enough of these taters. When we got down to the last yummy crispy smashed potato we all looked at each other and in such a civilized manner offered it up to each other (all the while wishing it was ours).
We will definitely be eating these again.
INGREDIENTSSmall roasting potatoes, or fingerlings olive oil Garlic salt (I use Simply Organic Garlic Salt)
- Season with a TINY bit of oil and garlic salt to taste
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 425 degrees (they need to be soft)
- Cool to room temp
- Top roasted potatoes with another cookie sheet and SMASH them (get some weight behind it)
- Bake smashed potatoes for 15-20 mins at 425
- Flip and bake for another 10-15 mins
Serve with ketchup or condiment of choice.
For a printable version of this recipe click here.